We hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!
Where did these 3 black cats come from?!
Robby made up his own set of 20 fill in the blank questions so I am going to do those as well! Head on over and check out Robby’s blog post to see his answers.
1. If I didn’t live in California, I would live in Oregon, Colorado, or Costa Rica.
2. I can’t swallow pills and I wish I could.
3. It amazes me how wasteful we are compared to other countries.
4. I don’t understand why people would poison pets on halloween.
5. I want to compete in an art show.
6. Shaycarl always makes me laugh.
7. Commercials with sick children make me super sad.
8. (One of) My favorite artists is Amy Giacomelli.
9. I lie to myself about the fact that I will get things checked off my to-do list TODAY.
10. The world needs more lizards.
11. The world needs less mosquitoes.
12. I would make a horrible physicist.
13. The most daring thing I’ve done recently was walk up a mountain trying to avoid poison oak.
14. My laptop could be greatly improved.
15. I learned this week about how important it is to have insurance.
16. Monkeys are divided into the New World and Old World monkeys; each of which is a monophyletic group, but their combination is not, since it excludes hominoids.
17. I like that my friends are crafty, mellow, and funny.
18. If I went back to 1700 I would teach people about nutrition.
19. Cats and coffee are overrated.
20. Crocs are underrated.
1. Sausages and eggs are always in my grocery cart.
2. Mondays are time to get back to work.
3. I will not run out of hobbies for a long time.
4. Today at 11am I was playing guitar.
5. My favorite band of the moment is anything Eric Clapton was in.
6. In the past week, the grossest thing that has happened to me is getting blasted by Mandy.
7. I wish guitar books were less expensive.
8. This weekend I am going to do my EMT workbook.
9. The sound of penny’s barking always relaxes me.
10. I haven’t driven a stick-shift in a long time.
11. I can’t wait for tomorrow.
12. Someday I will have a job.
13. Getting an “A” on a midterm is a great feeling.
14. The last dinner I ate was pizza!
15. One of my favorite fast food guilty pleasures is the Sourdough Jack.
16. I am wearing a black “Air” shirt.
17. The last things I bought were a crêpe and a metronome.
18. Two things that made me smile today were telling my Dad about my good midterm grade and talking to my Panda.
19. I didn’t think I would have time to move my car today, but I did!
20. Now it is time to do homework!
1. Whole milk and cheese are always in my grocery cart.
2. Mondays are CASTLE nights!
3. I will not run out of doggy potty bags for a long time.
4. Today at 11am I was training a cute dog to the DogWatch system.
5. My favorite band of the moment is Foster the People.
6. In the past week, the grossest thing that has happened to me is getting covered in baby puke.
7. I wish art supplies were less expensive.
8. This weekend I am going to be pulling a lot of wire through conduit.
9. The sound of water always relaxes me.
10. I haven’t been skiing in a long time.
11. I can’t wait for my turtle paper to finally be published in a scientific journal.
12. Someday I will have a kayak.
13. Taking off kneepads is a great feeling.
14. The last dinner I ate was tri tip, mashed potatoes, and corn!
15. One of my favorite fast food guilty pleasures is Jack n the Box curly fries.
16. I am wearing a blue dogwatch shirt.
17. The last things I bought were canned pumpkin, cream cheese, and dirt cake supplies.
18. Two things that made me smile today were the baby lizard I caught and this
19. I didn’t think I would have time to give penny a bath today, but I did!
20. Now it is time to go eat dinner!
What are your answers?!
One fundamental way in which the Guitar differs from the Piano is that the same notes exist in multiple locations on the fretboard. There are upsides and downsides to this property of the instrument, but for me at least, it can make learning all the notes at each position challenging. So as an exercise and to have a reference for myself in the future, I created a printable graphic that shows all the notes on a 22-fret guitar neck (like the one on my Epiphone Dot), and where each of those notes is represented on the music staff. Hope this helps anyone else out there learning Guitar!
This is our newest favorite site. It turns fitness workouts into an online game. You can complete quests, get achievements, level up, and compete against your friends. You can even join groups and encourage fellow sweaty men and women. The idea is to get you addicted to fitness, and so far-it has been working! Everyday we log our activities and check to see who has more points. It is great for everyone-even if you do not go to a gym, you can get points for doing almost every physical activity you can think of! It is available right now through invite only, so let us know if you want one.
I have been using this site for well over a year, it is completely legit, and I have earned over $400. On this site, you earn points for searching through the “Swagbucks” search engine instead of using one like google. Some other ways you can get points is for playing games, taking surveys, and watching short videos. Once you accumulate points, you can cash them in for prizes. They have many prize categories to choose from such as electronics, video games, and gift cards. One of the most popular prizes is the $5 Amazon gift card for only 450 swagbucks. I love getting gift cards for amazon and for paypal (who doesn’t like extra cash?). And the best part? It is all FREE, so why not?! If you want to try it out, you can sign up through my referral link here: Sharell’s Referral
This site puts up a new item for sale every single day at 12am central time at a special reduced price. The product can be anything-household items, toys, gadgets, electronics, the list goes on and on. We have purchased several times and love checking to see what the deal of the day is. It is a great place to get gifts as well!
Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. It lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. You can browse pinboards created by other people which is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. Pinterest is also invite only right now so let us know if you want in! Here are our profiles: Sharell’s Pinterest & Casey’s Pinterest
Etsy is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies. These items cover a wide range including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, edibles, and bath & beauty products. Anyone can open an etsy shop and sell their handmade items. I can spend hours browsing this site and I even have my own painting shop: Sharell’s Etsy Shop
6. Google Maps
One of my favorite things to do while I’m perusing the internet is to travel the world. Unfortunately, I haven’t the funds to go in person–but with detailed terrain maps, street maps, and 360 degree street view in much of the US, I can at least get a taste for places I might like to visit in the future. And it’s also nice to be able to find where I am going (even when I am driving across the country [again]).
10. Something Awful